SetWallpaper.cmd is a rogue Trojan, part of fake anti-spyware program designed by Internet hackers to infect your computer and makes it completely unstable and useless. It actually infiltrates into the system bundled with fake video codecs. Upon execution, it irritates user with annoying pop-ups, warning messages in the system tray and also slow down computer performance. Afterwhich, when you click on any of the notifications, then you will be redirected to the website to purchase one of the program promoted by SetWallpaper.cmd application.
Since it is extremely dangerous threat it is capable to install other malware and spyware to compromise privacy and system security. Apart from this, it can hijack, redirect and even changes your browser and desktop wallpaper settings. SetWallpaper.cmd keep popping repeatedly and frustrate you while surfing web. So, it is strongly recommended to uninstall SetWallpaper.cmd before this dangerous malware can complete violate your system privacy.
SetWallpaper.cmd when installed on your PC what it does:
- It starts displaying ads when you are offline too.
- SetWallpaper.cmd records personal data and keystrokes also.
- SetWallpaper.cmd also acts as browser hijackers.
- SetWallpaper.cmd allows remote computers to get your data.
- It also downloads some malicious files on to your system
- SetWallpaper.cmd disables legitimate programs from running.
- It Make your system vulnerable to threats.
- SetWallpaper.cmd tracks your browsing activity and plays with your cookies
- SetWallpaper.cmd is installed on your system without your consent
- SetWallpaper.cmd is not found easily on your system and is hard to uninstall
- Its start using excessive system resources and makes system chokes
- SetWallpaper.cmd also gives fake alerts for spywares, viruses and malwares on your system
- SetWallpaper.cmd keeps on updating it self and makes necessary changes to your system.
Why it’s really important to remove SetWallpaper.cmd from your system
SetWallpaper.cmd needs to be removed from your system immediately as it can send much vital information to the vendors. Utilizing maximum system resources it blocks the updates for many legitimate programs, antivirus, anti spywares and software running on the system.
SetWallpaper.cmd takes maximum control of your system or we can say it’s literally hijacks your system. SetWallpaper.cmd also acts as rogue antivirus and make you purchase the program with fake alerts of viruses n system infections with critical errors.
What are the major error messages given by SetWallpaper.cmd
- Your computer is infected.
- Virus found on PC.
- SetWallpaper.cmd installer error.
- SetWallpaper.cmd startup error.
- SetWallpaper.cmd iExplorer error.
- SetWallpaper.cmd Driver error.
- SetWallpaper.cmd can not be found.
- System at high risk.
- Critical Error.
How can you Remove SetWallpaper.cmd from your system
In order to remove SetWallpaper.cmd from infected computer, it is required to delete all its malicious files and components. You should follow steps outlined below to delete SetWallpaper.cmd
- Boot your computer in safe mode. Press F8 constantly and then select “Safe mode with networking” option and then select enter
- Type CTRL+ALT+DEL to open Windows Task Manager. Then select process tab and search for SetWallpaper.cmd associated process and lastly select End process key to kill them from running
- Uninstall SetWallpaper.cmd from Windows Add/Remove program
- Search and delete SetWallpaper.cmd related files and folders
Type regedit.exe command in the run box and press ok to open Windows registry editor. Once registry open, search for registry entries infected by SetWallpaper.cmd and then lastly right click and select ok
However, it is clearly informed that manual process of SetWallpaper.cmd removal is risky and cumbersome procedure. Therefore, it is strictly recommended only for advance PC users. Lack of required skills and any slight deviation deleting dll files, program files and registry entries may redirects you to irreparable PC damage. Contrary to this, automatic SetWallpaper.cmd removal tool is most helpful option to get rid of SetWallpaper.cmd and all its malicious components in an effective manner. Its advance scanning and cleaning algorithm tirelessly scan your PC and remove even the most deeply rooted virus from the system. It contains graphical and interactive GUI which is self-explanatory and can be easily used by novice users also. It is compatible with Windows Vista, XP and 7 operating system. So, download SetWallpaper.cmd removal tool and get rid of malicious infection in few easy steps.